Friday, October 24, 2014

Acrylic on Canvas

When I think of artists. I think of a wooden easel with a canvas panel propped on it, set out in a green lush garden decked in autumn colours, artist standing in front of the canvas with a palette in one hand and a brush in the other.

I never thought of painting on canvas, until I stepped into an artist's wonderland at Bras Basah..... aisle after aisle of art supplies, paints, brushes, and oh.... canvas!  It was way cheaper than I expected (not that I knew how much they cost anyway :p) so this started a whole buying spree that didn't end up very cheap.  I walked out of the store with brand new paint brushes, acrylic paint, canvas panels and some protective varnish!

These supplies sat around for quite some time before I actually did something with them.  Hmmmm.... I think I'll start with some horoscope animals for each member of the family.  Here's the first one.  What do you think of it?

Mouse - acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment