Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Origami Rose

Once upon a time, there was a little girl who loved to fold origami.  From folding the all-time favourite -- cranes, to frogs, lilies, and even a very complicated toucan.  This little girl grew up, folded fewer and fewer origami, and even forgot how to fold the toucan.  Yes, that's me!  Chanced upon a youtube video on how to fold an origami rose out of 1 piece of paper, I just had to try it out... using my kid's origami paper while he was at school :p

Here's my first attempt... not pretty.... actually, it was pretty bad...
1st attempt -- sad looking
Could I have lost my origami touch after growing up??  I just HAD to try again even though it was almost midnight:
2nd attempt -- much better!
Much better, don't you think?  But I wasn't satisfied... I would have gone on all night if not for my extremely heavy eyelids... So here's my 3rd attempt the following morning:
3rd attempt -- happy!

Do you see the difference between the 2nd and 3rd attempt? Hint: look at the folds of the petals

No comments:

Post a Comment